As with many other industries, commercial real estate is a field that is steeped in tradition and many years of established methodology. Naturally, this tradition found its way into commercial real estate marketing strategies.
However, the marketing industry is always on the move. It changes and evolves on what seems like a daily basis, and companies sometimes struggle to keep up.
So, you have to ask yourself the question: has your commercial real estate marketing strategy gone stale?
How to Know
If you aren’t sure if your marketing strategy has gone stale or not, you’ll want to take a closer look at the strategy you’ve put into place. There are a few key things to watch out for that indicate your marketing plan is struggling to stay afloat:
- It doesn’t exist. It’s an unfortunate truth that many commercial real estate firms don’t have a solid marketing plan in place whatsoever. They may be posting ads on Facebook every so often, but that alone doesn’t make a marketing strategy. Seriously consider the idea that you may not have a commercial real estate marketing strategy at all.
- You’re not seeing results. If you’ve gone through the painstaking process of creating a full-blown marketing plan, you want results. However, if you’re not seeing any of those results, it’s a good sign that your strategy has gone sale.
- Your strategy has become misaligned with your corporate strategy. Your marketing should always align with your company mission. Sometimes, that mission changes, but your marketing plan doesn’t keep up. Compare your current plan with your current mission, and ensure those two point toward the same goal.
What to Do
After considering the above possibilities, you may have come to the conclusion that your commercial real estate marketing strategy has indeed gone stale. If that’s the case, you may be wondering where to go next.
Ultimately, you have a lot of different options in front of you, and the choice you make will depend on a variety of different factors. Take a look at some of the paths you can follow:
- Identify and eliminate stale content. Content is the lifeblood of a good marketing strategy, and you’ll want to make sure your content is fresh and relevant. Constant market and industry changes often means marketing content goes stale more regularly. Make sure your content is up to date and perform a general refresh as necessary to get your marketing plan back on track.
- Incorporate new marketing mediums. Marketing can take place across a wide variety of mediums. If you’re only focused on delivering marketing through one method, you won’t reach as big an audience. Experiment with different media like social media, email blasts, listing websites, e-books or guest blog posts.
- Start from the beginning. Sometimes entire marketing plans just need to be scrapped altogether. If nothing in your current commercial real estate marketing strategy is working, it might be time to call in the marketing department and start creating a new strategy.
Need more help with your marketing strategy? Contact PropertySend today and find out how our team can assist you.